Assumption Church (Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

Assumption Church (Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary)

 2116     2

Audio guide

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (or Assumption Church) was built in 1732–1734 with the money contributed by Kazan merchant Mikhlyaev.

The ruins of Bolgar monuments were used for the construction of its foundation, and its pedestal section contains a number of Bolgar funerary monuments with Arabic and Armenian headstones presenting a great scientific value.

This Provincial Baroque architectural monument is of interest as an element of the historically established complex. The vertical outlines of church and steeple are a significant landmark of the surrounding landscape.

Assumption Church is situated near the Cathedral Mosque in the Northern part of the town representing its historical center.

Assumption Church is located near the Cathedral Mosque, the Northern Mausoleum, the Eastern Mausoleum and the Khan’s Palace.

Geolocation

  54.98585, 49.05645

Google Maps Yandex Maps

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment

Your name:

E-mail (won't be published):

Comment:

Add new comment


1200-3840
800-1199
400-799
320-399